12.13.2009

Grand Tetons - Ampatheater Lake

Long time no update, this was due to a very hectic end of last season, then a following two months of little internet. That aside it is time to update these pictures. For those not aware, I have returned to Yellowstone for the winter. The arrival of a camera and a good pair of cross country skis should mean even more pictures. This place is even more stunning with snow, the flight over Wyoming from Denver was like looking at something out of a dream The snow showed every wind pattern, river course, and rock slide in beautiful relief. All that aside here is my one hike completed in the Tetons, Ampatheater Lake. This was a long haul up a 9,800ft lake, and then for me a short jaunt to a saddle affording me a view of Jackson Hole (the geographic feature not the town), and down into Glacier Canyon. Absolutely stunning hike, and experience a Moose up close and personal was pretty great too. It is also worth noting that at some point I'm going to upload every single Yellowstone Hike picture (good and bad) to a online photo album, once I get to this I will share the link.

A moose:



Views into Jackson Hole



Surprise Lake (which lies right below Ampatheater):

Amphitheater Lake and Glacial Canyon from top of saddle:




Shore of Ampitheater Lake:

No comments:

Post a Comment